The North Bay’s Premier Resource for Comprehensive Spine Care
- Board certified, orthopaedic surgeon with fellowship training in spinal surgery
- A staff dedicated to spine care and education
- Personalized treatment strategies, reviewed weekly in collaboration by an orthopaedic surgeon and physical therapist(s)
- State-of-the-art 10,000 sq. ft. rehabilitation center
- On-site radiograph services
- Integrated electronic patient records
Dr. Christian Athanassious is the Medical Director of SRO’s Total Spine Health Program. The Total Spine Health Program employs innovative diagnostic testing, minimally invasive surgical techniques, and targeted therapies at our full-service onsite physical therapy center to improve mobility and quality of life. With expert an orthopaedic physician working alongside a veteran physical therapy staff within the same practice, SRO has set a high standard for comprehensive orthopaedic spine care in Sonoma County.
Your First Choice for Spine Care Solutions
Many patients arrive at the Total Spine Health Program with conditions that may never require surgery. With appropriate diagnosis, our team is often able to provide effective non-surgical treatment. When conservative care is not enough, surgery may be indicated. Our physical therapists have worked closely with the surgeons to develop post-operative protocols designed to safely guide patients through the rehabilitation process. The collaboration between therapist and surgeon continues throughout care at SRO.
The Total Spine Health Program strives to do everything possible to get you back to doing the things you love most. When surgery is necessary, Dr. Athanassious carries fellowship training in the most advanced spinal surgery and injection procedures from the prestigious Stanford University.
Spinal Surgeries & Injections offered at the Total Spine Health Program:
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy & Fusion with Instrumentation
- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Caudal Steroid Injections
- Cervical and Thoracic Corpectomies
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- Cervical Laminoforaminotomy
- Cervical Laminoplasty
- Cervical Posterior Spinal Fusion
- Facet Injections
- Lumbar Discectomy & Fusion
- Lumbar Disc Replacement
- Lumbar Decompression & Microdecompression
- Microdiscectomy in the Lumbar Spine
- Minimally Invasive Spine (MIS) Surgery
- Spinal Tumor Management
- Spinal Trauma
- Thoracic Fusion
- Thoracic Microdecompression
- Transpsoas Lumbar Fusion
An advocate of the whole-body medical approach to treating patients, Dr. Athanassious completed his undergraduate degree in Psychology from UC Davis with the intention of pursuing his medical doctorate.