Your First Step Towards Quality Foot and Ankle Care
- A board certified orthopaedic surgeon with a fellowship in foot and ankle disorders
- A physical therapy staff dedicated to foot and ankle treatment and education
- A state-of-the-art,10,000 square-foot rehabilitation facility
- Innovative pain management options
- Integrated electronic patient records
- On-site open extremity MRI and X-ray
- Personalized treatment strategies, reviewed weekly by an orthopaedic surgeon and physical therapists
- Casting or splinting
- Aspiration or injection
- Coordination of care with other services
- State-of-the-art, custom-fit orthotics
SRO’s Foot and Ankle Program is your first choice treatment program, caring for the foot and ankle no matter how common or complex. We provide a comprehensive array of treatment alternatives covering nonsurgical as well as surgical methods to overcome a patient’s pain and lost function. Take that first step towards better foot and ankle health and give us a call today.
A Comprehensive Approach to Foot and Ankle Wellness
SRO is home to the North Bay’s premier Foot and Ankle Program, the only program of its kind in California, north of San Francisco. We serve both patients and referring physicians by providing a complete, balanced approach to the treatment of foot and ankle disorders.
Keeping One Step Ahead
SRO’s Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Program provides state-of-the-art care for all types of problems related to the foot and ankle. This includes, but is not limited to, trauma of the foot and post-traumatic reconstruction of the foot and ankle, foot deformities related to neuromuscular, arthritic and congenital conditions, tendon injuries of the hind foot and ankle, sports-related injuries and foot complications of diabetes mellitus.
Foot and ankle injuries are common in people across a range of lifestyles from top-performing athletes to sedentary individuals. In fact, 75 percent of Americans will experience some type of foot problem in their lifetime. Each year in the U.S., an estimated two million people are treated by orthopaedists for ankle injuries alone. Injuries that are not recognized or are improperly addressed can lead to significant functional disability. This may affect quality of life and in some cases impact one’s ability to accomplish everyday tasks.
Our medical team at SRO’s Foot and Ankle Program emphasizes the importance of a comprehensive evaluation in order to develop a proper diagnosis. Then we use the latest treatments and surgical techniques to restore function and relieve pain. We invite you to come and see what makes our patients so satisfied with their care.
Getting You Back on Your Feet
Dr. Mark E. Schakel is the director of the Foot & Ankle Program and the director at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital’s Foot and Ankle Trauma Service. He has extensive experience in treating problems of the foot and ankle, including reconstructive, traumatic, sports-related and congenital problems and is the only fellowship-trained orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeon in Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino, Lake and Humboldt counties. He has treated patients of all ages, walks of life and activity levels, including high school and college athletes.
Articles of Interest:
- Underdiagnosed Foot and Ankle Injuries May Lead to Long-term Disability
- Hear what patients have to say about Dr. Schakel, Director of the Foot and Ankle Program at SRO
- Santa Rosa Foot and Ankle Surgeon offers Expert Advice on Avoiding Stress Fractures this Summer
- SRO Develops Comprehensive Foot and Ankle Program for Northern California
- Know the difference: Ankle Sprain vs. Ankle Fracture