If you are an enthusiastic, dedicated and motivated person who understands the value and importance of providing excellent service to patients, we encourage you to apply for a position at the Santa Rosa Orthopaedics. We strive to bring talented people together to enhance professional achievement, patient satisfaction supporting the team approach to healthcare.
Welcome and thank you for your interest in employment with Santa Rosa Orthopaedics.
As an orthopaedic practice and sports medicine leader of Northern California, we enjoy an unbeatable reputation for quality service and outstanding patient care, which starts with the people we hire. Each member of our team is carefully selected based on a fit with the SRO culture, a commitment to our values, a strong dedication to providing healthcare excellence, and a passion for the services we provide.
If the position you seek is not currently listed below, please feel free to forward your resume and cover letter to our office at 1405 Montgomery Drive, Santa Rosa, CA 95405 — or fax resume with 3 references and previous experience to 707-546-1897. We will keep your contact information on file for any future openings.
Our full-time positions include comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits with some choices you can tailor to your individual needs. Santa Rosa Orthopaedics is the place where passionate, motivated healthcare providers and professionals can strive to meet their full potential.
Our Current Job Openings
Reports to Operations Manager & Practice Administrator
JOB SUMMARY: The Medical Billing Manager is a full-time position responsible for overseeing the billing coding staff and making day-to-day decisions; responsible for understanding and coding all procedures within regulatory mandates; assists with following up on insurance claims, and submit appeals as needed. This position is responsible for directing and coordinating the overall functions of the billing and coding office to ensure maximization of cash flow while improving patient, physician, and other customer relations. The Medical Billing Manager position requires the ability to produce and present detailed billing activity reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following as well as other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned:
- Oversees the operations of the billing department, encompassing medical coding, charge entry, claims submissions, payment posting, accounts receivable follow-up, and reimbursement management
- Serves as the practice expert and go to person for all coding and billing processes
- Plans and directs patient insurance documentation, workload coding, billing and collections, and data processing to ensure accurate billing and efficient account collection
- Analyze billing and claims for accuracy and completeness; submit claims to proper insurance entities and follow up on any issues
- Follow up on claims using various systems, i.e. practice management and clearinghouse
- Maintains contacts with other departments to obtain and analyze additional patient information to document and process billings
- Prepares and analyzes accounts receivable reports, and weekly and monthly financial reports in concert with the Practice Administrator and Operations Manager. Collects and compiles accurate statistical reports
- Audits current procedures to monitor and improve efficiency of billing and collections operations
- Ensures that the activities of the billing operations are conducted in a manner that is consistent with overall department protocol, and are in compliance with Federal, State, and payer regulations, guidelines, and requirements
- Participates in the development and implementation of operating policies and procedures
- Reviews and interprets operational data to assess need for procedural revisions and enhancements; participates in the design and implementation of specific systems to enhance revenue and operating efficiency
- Analyzes trends impacting charges, coding, collection, and accounts receivable and take appropriate action to realign staff and revise policies and procedures with the approval of Operations Manager and/or Practice Administrator.
- Keep up to date with carrier rule changes and distribute the information within the practice
- Performs physician credentialing actions
- Understands and remains updated with current coding and billing regulations and compliance requirements
- Maintains library of information/tools related to documentation guidelines and coding
- Supervises billing office personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and being available for staff needs; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance
- Provides, oversees, and/or coordinates the provision of training for new and existing billing staff on applicable operating policies, protocols, systems and procedures, standards, and techniques
- Coordinates team member time off in a manner that does not negatively impact necessary daily functions.
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager and/or Practice Administrator
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in an efficient, team-oriented
- Accountable for being knowledgeable and understanding of all aspects of the billing and coding staff duties to include:
- Entering patient demographics and insurance information
- Verifying patient eligibility and benefits for upfront collection on unmet deductibles and co-insurance
- Responsible for reviewing operative reports within three business days of procedure/surgery
- Enter charges accurately according to insurance payors/contracts
- Submitting clean claims by attaching necessary documentation for payment
- Follow-up on electronic claims and paper claims
- Posting insurance payments to patient accounts
- Submit all secondary claims when necessary
- Refund money owed to patient or insurances
- Conducts self in a manner that reflects a positive representation of the company, and encourages others to do the
- Observes strict patient confidentiality in dealing with patients.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree, preferably in business administration or related field; Bachelor degree preferred. 7+ years of medical insurance/healthcare revenue cycle experience will be considered in lieu of the degree.
- Medical coding certification
- Minimum of 3 years medical insurance/healthcare billing and collections experience in a medical practice or health system, with a deep understanding of medical billing rules and regulations. Orthopedic preferred.
- Two years supervisory or management experience preferred