Neema Pourtaheri, M.D.
AREAS OF SPECIALTY
- Shoulder and Elbow Surgeon
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement (Shoulder)
- Minimally Invasive Procedures
- Regenerative Orthopaedics (PRP & Stem Cell)
- Arthroscopic cuff repair
- Shoulder instability surgery
- Revision shoulder surgery
- Total shoulder replacement
- Reverse total shoulder replacement
- Tennis elbow surgery
- Biceps repair surgery
- Elbow ligament surgery (Tommy John surgery)
- Fractures and dislocations of the shoulder, elbow, and AC joint
- Elbow arthritis surgery
Dr. Pourtaheri is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon with subspecialty interest and fellowship training in shoulder and elbow surgery.
Dr. Pourtaheri completed his undergraduate degree in Biomedical Engineering from the University of California, Berkeley, before earning a Medical Doctorate in New Orleans, Louisiana, at Tulane University School of Medicine. He completed his Orthopaedic Surgery Residency at St. Joseph Regional Medical Center, where he was appointed Chief Resident in his final year. Dr. Pourtaheri advanced his orthopaedic expertise with a shoulder and elbow Fellowship at Beth Israel Medical Center in New York. Throughout his undergraduate studies, residency and fellowship, he published several award–winning works on orthopaedic conditions and treatments.
Dr. Pourtaheri has trained alongside some of the world’s finest orthopaedic surgeons and brings invaluable medical expertise about the latest advancements in shoulder and elbow care. In addition, he practices general orthopaedics including arthroscopy, fracture care, joint replacement, and minimally invasive procedures. He also performs PRP and stem cell injections. Dr. Pourtaheri is Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and a member of the Arthroscopic Association of North America (AANA) and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS).
Dr. Pourtaheri enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter. His hobbies include mountain biking, kayaking, tennis, and snowboarding.
Affiliations, Awards & Background
2019 Member of the American Shoulder and Elbow Society (ASES)
An official reviewer for the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, the most prestigious journal for Shoulder and Elbow surgery in the world.
- Fellowship: Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, Dr. Francis Cuomo, American Shoulder and Elbow Society past President. Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY
- Residency: Orthopaedic Surgery, Seton Hall University School of GME, St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center, Paterson, NJ
- Medical School: Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA