Thomas C. Degenhardt, M.D.
AREAS OF SPECIALTY
- Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy
- Joint Replacement (Knee)
- Knee Reconstruction
- General Orthopaedic Surgery
VERIFIED REVIEWS ☞
Dr. Thomas Degenhardt is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine, arthroscopic surgery and joint reconstruction of the knee. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Degenhardt completed his undergraduate education in history at the University of California, Berkeley with a major in history and a minor in chemistry before receiving his medical degree at the University of California, San Francisco. He then served an internship at San Francisco General Hospital and completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery at UC San Francisco. He served a fellowship year in sports medicine at the Hughston Orthopaedic Clinic. He also served for two years as a major in the United States Army as an orthopaedic surgeon stationed in Landstuhl, West Germany.
Dr. Degenhardt was the team orthopaedic surgeon for Sonoma State University and Montgomery High School and he has served as team physician for the United States Ski Team.
Dr. Degenhardt has presented at numerous professional symposiums, taught at continuing medical education courses for the Arthroscopic Association of North America and has published articles in numerous orthopaedic journals.
Dr. Degenhardt is co-director of The Sports Medicine Center at SRO and has extensive experience in complex reconstructive procedures of the knee, including articular cartilage regeneration and transfer techniques, multiple ligament reconstructions and primary and revision knee replacement.
Dr. Degenhardt has treated athletes of all ages including college and professional athletes.
Dr. Degenhardt enjoys sports such as golf, skiing and mountaineering with his two sons, Nick and Dan.
Affiliations, Awards & Background
- Affiliate of the St. Joseph Health System Network
- Awarded best orthopaedic doctor for four consecutive years by Memorial Hospital
- Awarded Top Doctor two consecutive years by Sonoma Magazine
- Fellowship: Sports Medicine, Hughston Orthopaedic Clinic
- Residency: Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco Medical School
- Medical School: University of California, San Francisco Medical School