Thomas W. Axelrad, MD, PhD
AREAS OF SPECIALTY
- Orthopaedic Trauma
- Complex Fracture Care
- Pelvic & Acetabular Reconstruction
- Total Joint Replacement
- Hip Specialist
- Anterior Approach to Hip Replacement
VERIFIED REVIEWS ☞
About Dr. Axelrad
Thomas W. Axelrad, MD, PhD, worked as orthopaedic trauma surgeon for Lake Charles Memorial Hospital in Lake Charles, La. prior to joining SRO. He received his medical degree and doctoral degree in biochemistry and molecular biology from Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine. He did his internship in general surgery and his residency in orthopaedic surgery at Boston University Medical Center. Dr. Axelrad has also served as director of Orthopaedics at St. Joseph’s Rehabilitation and Nursing Center in Boston, MA.
In addition to his role as Orthopedic Trauma surgeon Dr. Axelrad is also a highly skilled hip specialist providing patients with the anterior approach option to hip surgery.
For a consultation, please call 707-546-1922 and request an appointment with Dr. Axelrad.
Dr. Axelrad's Background
- Fellowship: Hospital for Special Surgery, NY, NY
- Residency & Internship: Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Medical School: Louisiana State University, School of Medicine, New Orleans